Internal Audit Services
Internal auditing is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organisation's operations.
The benefits of internal audit are manifold:~
- It helps an organisation accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
- Internal auditing is a catalyst for improving an organisation's effectiveness and efficiency by providing insight and recommendations based on analysis and assessments of data and business processes.
- As organisations strive to ensure that their risk management processes are properly integrated with no gaps in controls, internal audit is the only function which can provide an overall view on an organisation's total risk management effectiveness.
- Internal audit's influence can also be instrumental in creating an organisational culture which encourages continuous improvement in the management of risks. The nature of those risks is changing more quickly than ever during this challenging economic period.
- Strengthening corporate governance. Strategically, management and business owners can look upon internal audit as a function he or she can work with on an equal basis to ensure that the business is achieving its objectives, operating in a cost effective way and maximising its return on investments while at the same time managing risks effectively. If internal audit is proactively looking for ways that business processes can be improved, while at the same time improving the effectiveness of controls, this can have a positive impact on the bottom line. All of this work supports management and business owners because it is helping to link strategic risks to budgets and to the setting of objectives. Internal audit can be management and business owners' best friend in achieving strategic, financial and operational objectives.